Sunday, May 4, 2014

On The Way

We had a bit of excitement Saturday just getting to the airport. Left a half hour early (I have infected Jim with the need not to rush...) and ran into a nasty traffic jam in San Francisco that added over 30 minutes to the trip. Thanks to Erika being ready to hop in and get us to the airport in a hurry, we were fine. Got to enjoy a couple hours 'relaxing' in LAX waiting for our 11:30 pm flight, which was about 15 hours, but skipped us ahead one day. For us, its now Monday, with no feeling of having had a Sunday. Oh well -- we get it back when we come home -- we leave at 10am and get home 6am-ish the same day. We actually both got some sleep overnight.

Now we are cooling our heels in the Melbourne airport, awaiting our flight to Hobart, Tasmania, where the trip starts. I picked up a card at the airport that converted my smartphone to an Australian phone for a few weeks, mostly because I really have gotten used to having internet access where ever I am and the cost of data on my US plan was astronomical (really -- like $19,000 for the amount I used last month -- truly crazy). We'll see how I like this and how much data I really need!

In any case, no photos yet, but the real fun starts tomorrow -- keep watching this space and we'll try to do daily updates during our 3 weeks here.

No comments:

Post a Comment